TechNexus welcomes Microsoft to our community! Microsoft has begun its residency here with us in downtown Chicago to introduce their new products to TechNexus Tenants and answer any questions about them.
Microsoft has several offerings for TechNexus startups & entrepreneurs as well as independent web developers, designers, consultants, and more. They have several exclusive offers. Check them out below and see what might benefit your company!
Also, Microsoft Startup Evangelist, Sonal Mane, will be hosting office hours at TechNexus for anyone who would like to chat. To view Sonal’s office hours and schedule a time to meet, simply visit http://ohours.org/sonalmane. This info is also up on our Community page for future reference.
Exclusive Microsoft Offers:
1. BizSpark for Startups. BizSpark is a global program Microsoft offers to qualifying Startups and Entrepreneurs that helps them succeed by providing access to software development tools, connecting them with key industry players, and providing marketing visibility.
BizSpark Software includes: Windows 8, Visual Studio 2012, Expression Blend, Office 2013 & Office for Mac 2011, Windows Azure (a flexible, comprehensive, and powerful cloud platform for the creation of web applications and services), Dynamics CRM, Windows Phone, SharePoint Server 2013, etc.
- Developers get a free 1 year membership for the Windows Store. Developers can also sign up separately for the 30-day Generationapp.com program.
- BizSpark members also get Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online through the Microsoft Cloud Essentials Pack.
- The Windows 8 Surface was just released and can be found at the Microsoft Store online or retail stores.
- Free trainings for Windows 8, Azure, and Windows phone can be found at MSDN Events.
- Release updates and information on hardware for the Windows Phone can be found here.
- If you are using Microsoft and non-Microsoft technologies, check out this site for support.
- Visibility in the market – Get featured on BizSpark’s front page, blog, twitter, and Facebook feeds.
Sign up for Bizspark here. For those with additional Azure need (late stage startups), please contact Sonal Mane and she’ll talk with you about BizSpark Plus.
2. BizSpark One. Microsoft BizSpark One, an expansion of the BizSpark program, was launched in November 2009. It seeks to accelerate the growth of selected high potential startups. Learn more here.
3. Bing Fund. For more support, you can also apply to the Bing Fund – here’s what you get! Check out the criteria and blog before applying!
4. For independent web developers, designers, consultants, etc. who do not qualify for BizSpark, no worries, Microsoft has free trials for you as well:
- For Azure Cloud FREE Trial, visit: http://aka.ms/TheCloud.
- For the Windows 8 RTM eval, visit http://aka.ms/Get8. (Note the evaluation version will have an expiration date and cannot be upgraded.).
- For Visual Studio 2012, visit: http://aka.ms/Dev2012.